25 QUOTES TO CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON PROBLEMS
Problems are perceived gaps between the existing state and a desired state, or a deviation from a norm, standard, or status quo.
Although many problems turn out to have several solutions (the means to close the gap or correct the deviation), difficulties arise where such means are either not obvious or are not immediately available.
It happens to even the most seasoned of entrepreneurs. You’ve built momentum for your latest project, you’re excited to embrace new challenges and you’ve visualized success at the end of the road.
Related: 6 Myths about Entrepreneurship
But all of a sudden an unexpected problem stops you dead in your tracks — and this one seems impossible to solve.
Yes, major hurdles are disheartening, and they’re often unavoidable. But the way you engage with and think about problems directly influences your ability to solve them.
Related: How to Deal with Personal Crisis
Here’s how some of the world’s smartest people think about problems and how you can learn to overcome them.
1. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
2. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert H. Shuller
3. “All problems become smaller when you confront them instead of dodging them.” – William F. Halsey
4. “Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced.” – James Baldwin
Related: How Leaders Deal with Change
5. “Sometimes problems don’t require a solution to solve them; Instead they require maturity to outgrow them.” – Steve Maraboli
6. “Every problem is a gift. Without them we wouldn’t grow” – Tony Robbins
7. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
8. “If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?” – Shantideva
9. “Problems are nothing but wake-up calls for creativity” – Gerhard Gschwandtner
10. “We fail more often because we solve the wrong problem than because we get the wrong solution to the right problem.” – Russell L. Ackoff
11. “Running away from a problem only increases the distance from the solution.” – Anonymous
12. “Problem-solving leaders have one thing in common: a faith that there’s always a better way.” – Gerald M. Weinberg
13. “Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems.” – Rene Descartes
14. “Your ability to solve problems and make good decisions is the true measure of your skill as a leader.” – Brian Tracy
15. “If you are unable to understand the cause of a problem, it is impossible to solve it.” – Naoto Kan
16. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
17. “Giving up is the most painful way of solving a problem.” – Anonymous
18. “Instead of thinking out the box, get rid of the box.” – Deepak Chopra
19. “Solving problems means listening.” – Richard Branson
20. “Inside of every problem lies an opportunity.” – Robert Kiposaki
21. “There is no problem outside of you that is superior to the power within you.” – Bob Proctor
22. “Don’t bother people for help without first trying to solve the problem yourself.” – Colin Powell
23. “If a problem can be solved it will be. If it cannot be solved there is no use worrying about it.” – Dalai Lama XIV
24. “All life is problem solving.” – Karl Popper
25. “All you can do is all you can do, and all you can do is enough, but make sure you do all you can do” Les Brown
Related: Les Brown’s Top 10 Rules of Success